Specialty Services in Granite Bay, CA
Why race across town to dentists you don’t know?
We provide comprehensive, specialized dental care in one familiar place.
As an Invisalign alternative, ClearCorrect clear braces can restore beauty, form, and function to misaligned teeth in a way that is more comfortable and less embarrassing than regular metal braces.
As technologies have advanced in dental care in recent years, one of the very best products to emerge is none other than invisible braces, also known as clear aligners. At Advantage Dental, we offer the very best invisible braces in Granite Bay because we feature ClearCorrect, a terrific alternative to Invisalign. This discreet, clear aligner system is made for both teens and adults and allows for your teeth to be corrected, without any of the difficult aspects of wearing wires and brackets.
What are ClearCorrect Clear Aligners?
ClearCorrect is a great method to discreetly straighten teeth. These aligners are specifically molded to your teeth and are nearly invisible to the naked eye. These are preferred over traditional forms of orthodontics in that they don’t require any dietary restrictions or obstructions to brushing and flossing. This is a great method to use if you are trying to straighten your teeth. In fact, you can experience results in less than 6 months!
Benefits of ClearCorrect Invisible Braces
- Clear aligners. ClearCorrect’s aligners are custom designed to look like you are wearing nothing but your natural smile!
- Easy maintenance. Removable for simple cleaning and oral care.
- No dietary restrictions. Enjoy all your favorite foods.
- Rapid treatment. Many patients complete their ClearCorrect treatment in 1 year or less.
- Increased comfort. ClearCorrect invisible braces can be more comfortable than wearing traditional braces.
How do ClearCorrect Braces Work?
When you decide to move forward with ClearCorrect, your dentist will take a mold of your teeth. This mold will show the shape of your teeth, making it possible for the ClearCorrect aligners to be made.
Once your aligners are made, you will come back in for your follow-up appointment where your aligners will be fitted to your teeth. You will then be provided with instructions on how long you should wear your aligners each day, as well as how to properly care for them.
Are Invisible Braces Right for Me?
Whether you have already been treated by an orthodontist years ago or this is your first time straightening your teeth, ClearCorrect is likely an excellent choice for you. The system is designed to treat a wide range of conditions including:
- Gap teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Open bites
- Turned teeth
- and more!
How Much does ClearCorrect Cost?
Your total ClearCorrect cost will depend on the following:
- The length of your treatment plan
- If any preliminary treatments are required
- If any post-orthodontic treatment is required
WHO USES INVISALIGN®?
Invisalign has seen a surge in popularity with teens and adults alike. It is for patients who have the need to straighten their teeth. If you want a beautiful smile, but are not anxious to have metal brackets and wires on your teeth, you will be very pleased with Invisalign.
HOW DOES INVISALIGN WORK?
Invisalign utilizes a series of trays that are clear and plastic. These trays will gradually straighten your teeth in the same way that the brackets and wires of braces straighten your teeth. While similar in method, these aligning trays have a couple of significant differences from traditional wire braces. They are made of transparent material and they can be quickly removed by the patient. Computer imaging technology is used to produce 3-D images of your teeth. Next, the trays are custom-fabricated for the individual situation of each patient.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF INVISALIGN®?
Invisalign has five major advantages over traditional wire braces:
- Superior Comfort – Since the trays are made of smooth plastic, they are gentle on your mouth and gums. There is not one wire or bracket to chafe or poke at your lips or gums.
- Superior Treatment Time – Traditional braces commonly take two years to accomplish their purpose. The Invisalign system can produce the same results in 9-15 months.
- Superior Aesthetics – With traditional wire braces, it is impossible to hide the wire and brackets that are attached to your teeth. On the contrary, Invisalign trays are basically invisible to the human eye. It is highly doubtful that people will even know that you are wearing the trays.
- Superior Eating Situation – With traditional wire braces, it is absolutely necessary that many foods and candies be strictly forbidden. When you are using Invisalign, there is no list of forbidden food or drink items. When you are ready to eat, you simply remove the plastic trays and eat whatever you are craving. Brush your teeth and put the trays back in after the meal.
- Superior Oral Hygiene – When your teeth are covered with wires and brackets, brushing and flossing can be a forbidding chore. If you are using Invisalign, you can easily remove the plastic trays while you brush, floss, and rinse. Invisalign will provide absolutely no hindrance to your oral hygiene.
Why Tooth Extraction is a Last Option
Even one missing tooth can have negative effects on your oral health. Of course, there is the obvious downside of the appearance of your smile, but a missing tooth can even affect your health.
How to Avoid Tooth Extraction
Once you realize the possible negative results caused by tooth extraction, it becomes readily apparent that consistent oral hygiene is a necessity. Your first line of defense against an extraction is faithful brushing, flossing, and rinsing. Your next line of defense is commitment to your regular office exams and cleanings.
When is Extraction Necessary?
It is important for you to take every step you can to avoid the necessity of a tooth extraction. There are still situations where extraction becomes a necessity. Tooth extraction may be unavoidable in the following situations:
- Tooth decay that has reached advanced stages
- Infection or abscesses in advanced stages
- Gum disease that has reached advanced stages
- Teeth that have been impacted into the gums
- A seriously fractured tooth
What if an Extraction is Necessary?
Dr. Nader Zanzi is committed to preserving your natural teeth whenever possible. When he reaches the conclusion that extraction is necessary, he will make use of x-rays to gather as much information as possible about the tooth and its possible extraction. In the worst cases, he may feel it is best to refer you to an oral surgeon for complicated extractions.
What Does an Extraction Involve?
By definition, extraction involves the removal of a tooth from its socket in the jawbone. This procedure certainly carries a risk of pain and discomfort. Thankfully, a skilled dentist with proper training is able to reduce your pain and anxiety to a large degree. Also factoring into the extraction is the level of tooth decay, the position of the tooth, the strength of the tooth, and the strength of the attached ligaments. Again, a skilled dentist such as Dr. Zanzi will be able to minimize the pain and discomfort you may feel during the extraction.
After the Extraction
Once the extraction has been completed, your dentist and his staff will use ice packs on the areas of your face that have been most affected by the extraction. These ice-packs will be used at 15-minutes intervals and will provide much-appreciated relief. The dentist will also prescribe a pain killer for you to use as needed. In most situations, the discomfort should gradually subside within three days to two weeks. If severe pain, swelling, bleeding, or fever persists, you will want to contact your dentist’s office.